Wednesday, August 12, 2009

new music makes me happy

This week some of my favorite artists have realized some new material, even if it be side projects from their main bands.

To start Justin Vernon (of Bon Iver fame) released "Island, IS" a track off his side project Volcano Choir's upcoming album Unmap. Download it from Pitchfork.com here. Anyone who has hung out with me in the last year knows that the Bon Iver album has been one of the most played records I own, and falls into my top 3 albums of 2008. I will be picking up Unmap on Sept. 22 for sure.

Second up is CYHSY's Alec Ounsworth's solo release under the name Flashy Python. This is apparently the second record Alec has recorded solo, but the first to be released. You can get it from his website in vinyl, cd and digital format. Groovy shit. And you can listen to it right here.

Skin and Bones:

01 Let Us Hallucinate Together
02 The Lady Is a Ghost
03 Ichiban Blues
04 Skin and Bones
05 Obscene Queen Bee
06 In the Darkness
07 Cattle's New Clothes
08 Avalon's Snake Breath

BTW, the whole download from Pitchfork thing probably seems lazy and guess what, it is. I haven't had time to setup another hosting site for my files yet, so until I take the time to do that, pitchfork can enjoy the added traffic.

No comments: